Heli brands and Build threads > TSA MODEL

TSA 700E tips ?

(1/3) > >>

DruiD:
Hi folks,
Starting a "shopping list" for a 700E build.  My Flying is currently fairly basic, just getting "back" into the air and previously "at my best" was only just starting loops etc, so lets not worry about some super beast setup or crazy head-speed motors, my Align 600EFL PRO is enough in that department :)

I know everyone is going to have an opinion and\or heard of setups, but i'm interested in people that may have actually built one from scratch and flying a TSA 700E - and especially on motor and ESC combos (and would be great if anyone has any data on amps drawn etc)

I've seen these Nitro editions and really like the look of them, their build, shape, quality, however, I have no idea about all the extra bits such as specing an ESC that matches the Motor, Servos etc.

Some initial thoughts on electronics..
1) Happy to run a Castle ESC - 120 HV Edge etc @ 12 S
2) Turnigy 2 x 6S packs - 12S system - works well enough for me.
3) Align DS 615\655 type servo setup - more than happy with the previous DS610's etc
4) LiFe RX pack or maybe a CCBEC PRO off one of the 6S like on my 600EFL
5) FBL will be either be BeastX\Trajectory - or Vbar like 600EFL (undecided)

So looking for general motor advice and any other tips on the electric build specifically, I have some great people with TSA Nitros so general build stuff and options is covered, plus I've gone through the manual etc from the TSA website and some youtube videos.

Heraldo:
Align 750mx is a champion of a motor. Runs cool, plenty of power when needed. Not over the top. Cheap as chips.

5kV:
Looks like you are on the right track. I run an Align 750MX in mine and runs just fine. No need to spend anymore. I do run a Kontronic though but you don't need to. Just comes from the dreaded days of CC's trouble!

No tips or tricks or any data kept, just build and fly. I have recently seen a comment on not so user friendly user manual but don't understand this comment! It is no worse than any other and has all part numbers listed which is better than some!

Nothing wrong with Align servos or Beast X = cheap reliable setup.

TSA is highly underrated and if you want to fly something other than Align then you have made an excellent choice. After that it's a tough choice as there are so many good ones to choose from.

DruiD:
Thanks Heraldo and 5Kv.
5KV - what pinion did you run on that motor (stock i kit?) and what power level Kontronic for the 750MX -- 120HV Castle do I assume?

--- Quote from: 5kV;1599077 ---TSA is highly underrated and if you want to fly something other than Align
--- End quote ---

Yeah - I want a 700 and not really a fan of the newer , super high headspeed - DFC only Align kits.  
Admittedly - the align kit will get me a 700 for a lot less $$ than building a TSA 700 kit up with basically the same ESC\servos\motor .. but i think the quality and design & looks might suit me better.

TomC:

--- Quote from: DruiD;1599067 ---Hi folks,
Starting a "shopping list" for a 700E build.  My Flying is currently fairly basic, just getting "back" into the air and previously "at my best" was only just starting loops etc, so lets not worry about some super beast setup or crazy head-speed motors, my Align 600EFL PRO is enough in that department :)

--- End quote ---

If I were you I would just try flying your T600e on 10s (say Turnigy blue 2x 5s3600-4000 30c packs).  For Sport flying this should work fine and the lower head speed should make it a bit more docile plus it may give you ~ the same, or a bit more runtime than your current 12s setup.  Worth a try imho.

I know DFC likes higher head speed, but for Sport flying you may be ok.  Also, this option may allow you to crank up the power to 12s later when you need/want it.

Cheers,
TomC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version