arcHELI V8 Blackhawk

• February 19, 2018, 11:08:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic:  Naza -M GPS altitude question  (Read 651 times)

flybar

Naza -M GPS altitude question
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »

I've done a bit of searching but have not been able to answer this question.

How does Naza behave in this scenario?

Take off at point A - Good GPS home lock & altitude set to zero.

Move to point B which is LOWER in altitude than point A (bottom of a hill).

As the Naza approaches what it believes is zero altitude does it affect the motors, or does the fact that motors/power continues to adjust (no 3 second period or inactivity) does Naza drop in to negative altitude and land ok?
    T-Rex 700L Dominator | T-Rex 600EFL Pro | T-Rex 550E FBL | DJI 550 | DX9 | Phoenix Sim

PeteDee

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

It will fly back the place it locked as home, if it goes into failsafe it will gain 20 metres altitude and then fly home back to the spot set as home.

If you set home and then pick it up and go for a walk to some other place and take off it will fly back to the set home position.
      Alien6, Blackout MiniH & Spider Hex, SWH170, Spanky, Q400-X, TBS Disco Pro, 130X
      DX18,14SGH :cool:

flybar

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »

Yep, happy with all that Pete. What I'm referring to when the R/C link is solid and I choose to drop to an altitude lower than what I took off at, as in taking off at the top of a hill, climbing as normal then dropping down BELOW what Naza thinks is zero altitude to the bottom of the hill. I can't see the issue if flying in manual or atti,  but in GPS mode??

Are you implying that Naza will go in to failsafe if is goes thru/below the zero altitude floor?
        T-Rex 700L Dominator | T-Rex 600EFL Pro | T-Rex 550E FBL | DJI 550 | DX9 | Phoenix Sim
        Pages: [1]   Go Up