arcHELI V8 Blackhawk

• February 18, 2018, 05:39:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic:  Thoughts on gaui nx4  (Read 267 times)

biffo

Thoughts on gaui nx4
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:39:11 AM »

Hey guys.have been considering getting a nitro heli for some time now.have flown electric up until this point.been looking at the gaui nx4.has anyone had experience with this heli?I like its smaller size for transport etc,but am confident flying bigger helis to.have been researching the hell out of nitro(breaking in motor,tuning etc).seems like a pretty big learning curve.so thoughts on nx4,starting out in nitro etc appreciated.thanks.

Peter

• just an old fart
    • Gold
    • Club: QRCHA
    • Liked: 6
    • Likes Given: 2
      • http://www.qrcha.com
    Re: Thoughts on gaui nx4
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »

the standard clutch is rubbish, but the heli flies great 'till the clutch dies !!

MA X-Cell 30 :salut: ;  X-Cell 60\'s :D ;  MA Spectra G\'s :worship:  ;  MA Stratus\'s :worship:; nitro&electric MA Razors:worship: , MA Extreme :worship:; MA Fury 55:worship:;MA Furion 6:D;E, N & G MA Whiplash\'s :worship: ;  Aeolus 55 :worship:;TSA 700N ,700G,   600N :wigglie:;BeastX FBL :rockon:;  11X Zero with   XPS module  :clap:    Lotsa planks, mostly resting......

trex-dvd

• Liked: 5
      • Likes Given: 7
        • http://www.trex-dvd.com
      Re: Thoughts on gaui nx4
      « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »

My NX4 is one of my Fav helis...  I suck at tuning nitro but the os37 is easy to tune and extremely reliable..

I run edge 473 blades with stock tails to give it more float as it's quite a heavy heli for it's size..
      You won't be able to smack it real hard but it does go reasonably well..

Put it this way, I havn't really met anyone with one that didn't love the little sucker...

As Peter says - the clutch is the weakpoint - but that is because the gap between the liner and the shoe is too large. you need to re-line the cluch bell with a thicker t-rex700N clutch liner and once the gap is decreased, the clutch shoes last way longer as they no longer fatigue and crack due to the large deflection they had to constantly make.... so reline clutch with less gap and clutch will no longer be an issue.
      « Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:12:20 AM by trex-dvd »
        Pages: [1]   Go Up